"Connect Community Trust has a vision for a dynamic and sustainable area that strengthens an inclusive and growing economy, by the creation of successful community enterprises, sustainable activities and support mechanisms."
Connect Community Trust is a Development Trust based in the Glasgow's East End, using creativity and imagination as the driving force for positive change.
- Innovative and Creative
- Friendly and Approachable
- Working for the Common Good and Inclusivness
- Environmentally Aware
- To develop a range of leisure and education services and activities in response to community need
- To provide access to a range of training, health and other education services within the East End
- To promote community learning and manage the community learning centres
- To provide employment advice/support through the People's Gateway initiative
- To relieve poverty through the development of environmental, social and economic activity
To achieve true regeneration of an area and community empowerment you need the community to lead developments. Connect Community Trust proves on a daily basis with a supporting hand a community can make a lasting and life changing legacy!
"SUPPORTING LOCAL PEOPLE TO MAKE REAL, LASTING CHANGES"
A wide and diverse range of services and activities are provided by the Trust and can be seen from the links on this website. There is something for everyone in the community BUT there is still a long way to go to keep supporting the community with their ever changing needs....
In addition to the services and activities that the Trust currently operate the most recent developments have been in the forming of a subsidiary company:
'Connect-IN Enterprises Ltd' is a trading arm of the Trust that delivers a wide range of services that help to generate income and creates jobs for the local community.